As part of an effort to help our customers make sense of all of the terminology that surrounds Zebra solutions, we launched a series of posts that defines some key terms, both industry-wide and Zebra-specific, to cut through the clutter. Next up, Zatar!
Zatar is a cloud-based infrastructure that sees your devices and connects them to the Internet. It's one open platform to manage your entire device network. That means everyone - and everything - in your ecosystem can share data and collaborate. When that happens, you optimize your operations. You're better equipped to reinvent your business. And you can begin to build entirely new customer experiences. Zatar is the ideal software platform to build Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) applications. Let's talk terms.
To get you started, we’ve described a few terms here. To see the rest, download our PDF Glossary of Zatar terms, which you can find at the bottom of this post!
- Avatar - An avatar is a digital representation of a physical device. An avatar is created by an avatar definition, which is a database containing device attributes, legal values and ranges.
- EOI – Entity of Interest – A device that exists in the physical world, provides a business value and is represented in the digital world as an avatar.
- Gateway – Device that manages a cellular or Internet connection to Zatar and routes bi-directional communication to one or more physical devices on a local network.
- Payload [Synonym: Body data] – The actual data in a data transmission, that which is the purpose of the transmission.
- REST – Representational State Transfer – Architectural style for large-scale software design that transfers data from web services to applications. REST offers scalability, easy implementation, design agility, lightweight data transfer and low overhead.
To learn more about Zatar, visit www.zatar.com.
Don't forget to download the full PDF of Zatar terms:
About the author: Adebayo Onigbanjo is a senior marketing manager for Zebra’s New Growth Platforms team and supports Zebra’s Zatar business.