Companies – and indeed individuals – often have great intentions of cutting waste and donating to charity. But it’s easier said than done. The practicalities can be daunting and time-consuming.
That’s where Zebra ISV partner TAAP comes in. TAAP has developed a Food Donation Service, which allows supermarkets and grocers to, effectively and accurately, record and sort food for charitable donation. The app has been developed in consultation with major retailers – it’s easy to use and it works.
GOING GREEN TO A WIDER MARKET
TAAP is now rolling out its solution to enable non-food-based companies to efficiently select and trace products they would like to donate to charity too. The plug-and-play application enables companies to minimise waste and comply with obligations relating to corporate and social responsibility.
PROOF OF THE PUDDING
TAAP’s application runs on handheld computers from Zebra Technologies. TAAP is working with one major UK retailer who runs the application on Zebra’s no compromise TC51s. Since deployment, the solution has:
- Been adopted in more than 3,000 stores
- Enabled over 10 million meals to be donated to over 5,000 charities nationwide
- Increased the retailer’s charitable donations by a staggering 150%
- And saved 4,200 tonnes of food
No wonder TAAP is looking forward to deploying its solution in conjunction with Zebra to further retailers and grocers worldwide.
PARTNERING WITH ZEBRA
TAAP recommends Zebra handhelds to companies it works with, as it knows the Zebra devices will ensure its solution is a success. TAAP has praised the robustness and reliability of the Zebra handhelds and, when asked about the TC51 specifically, credited its excellent scanning speed, processing power and enterprise features lying beneath its sleek consumer smartphone-type exterior.
FIVE GREAT REASONS FOR YOU TO DEPLOY THE FOOD DONATION SERVICE
- TAAP delivers an incredibly speedy and scalable deployment – from initial conversation to live within a month or less
- The app works seamlessly on new and existing in-store Zebra handhelds, is easy to integrate into back office systems and is very easy to use
- Your paper and manual processes relating to donations will be virtually eliminated, which saves time, increases accuracy and cuts your environmental footprint
- You will enjoy a fast ROI and reduction in administration, bin and surplus supply removal costs
- You’ll be able to easily monitor and analyse donation data through the app