In just a few short days, fans and media alike will descend upon Levi’s Stadium and the city of Santa Clara for Super Bowl 50.
Being that the game will take place in Silicon Valley, this year’s event combines two of my favorite things – football and technology.
The NFL has always been at the forefront of technology. Zebra knows that well since we are “The Official On-Field Player Tracking Provider” of the NFL. Zebra is committed to supporting the league’s ongoing initiative of improving the way fans, teams and broadcasters watch, coach, play and analyze the game using Zebra Sport Solutions real-time, player-tracking system. But while tracking the players on the field is a critical part of Super Bowl 50, an even more complex tracking effort occurs off the field and surrounds the event, coordinating and delighting the 65,000 guests who’ll be traveling to the game. You see, the Super Bowl has become one of the most important hospitality events of the year.
Hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues and transportation companies are gearing up for the onslaught of visitors. Those who create playbooks for how to efficiently manage their guests will succeed and profit. Those firms that “punt” may be setting themselves up for defeat.
Fortunately hotel, restaurant and other hospitality businesses have a lot of bench strength with the technology solution providers that serve the industry. Technology leaders to the hospitality sector provide:
- Guest Wi-Fi: critically important with 90% of hotel guests listing Wi-Fi as their top amenity
- Staff Communication Tools: smart devices and networks that ensure shorter check-in lines, a prompt concierge staff, ready rooms… and happy guests
- Wireless Access Points: offering high performance from hotel rooms to meeting rooms to outdoor spaces
- Mobile Point of Sale: increasing sales, enhancing the productivity of servers and increasing guest satisfaction
- Self-Service, Locationing and Wayfinding: kiosks that can handle guest transactions, issue loyalty card benefits, direct traffic flow and print guest cards
Whether your company provides networks, point-of-sale solutions, or inventory management systems, here are 5 reasons why winning companies choose Zebra OEM Hospitality solutions:
- Industry-leading technology. For over 45 years, we have delivered products and features that set the bar for the rest of the industry. When you choose Zebra, you get access to innovative, industry-acclaimed technology that delivers best-in-class performance, every minute of every day.
- Get to market faster. Whether you want to private label our existing product, integrate our plug-and-play components into your products or customize an existing product, the result is the same. You can put products in the hands of your customers faster than ever before — a real competitive advantage.
- Reduce product development costs. Take advantage of our extensive research and development budget to reduce your own product development costs. You spend less time developing product, without impacting the quality of the product you deliver.
- Flexible OEM approaches to match your business strategy: private label, component integration or custom product development. No matter what your business needs are – from zero time-to-market to in-house development with reduced costs to custom requirements – our OEM Technology Portfolio can address them.
- Strengthen your brand value. With Zebra as your technology partner, you can leverage your incumbent market position and expand your product offerings in key markets where your brand has high customer recognition.
So as you strategize your hospitality playbook for game day and the year ahead, consider recruiting Zebra OEM to your team. It’s first and ten with a world of opportunity ahead of you.
Garry Reichert is VP, OEM - North America for Zebra Technologies.