This year “Retail’s Big Show” took place January 15-17, 2017 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in the heart of New York City. With over 35,000 attendees, 510 exhibits, and 300 speakers, the three days were jam packed with information on the latest technology and solutions as well as presentations by retailer’s biggest players. The knowledge that was shared and the technology that was showcased left all in attendance feeling inspired, exhilarated and proud of where the retail industry is headed. Zebra’s booth was a huge success attracting thousands of people throughout the span of the three days. Designed to look like an actual retail sales floor, the booth featured products and solutions demonstrating the real-time visibility our solutions provide. Among these products and solutions were five new products that were showcased at the event, which included:
- SmartSense for Retail – By combining RFID, video, and a new micro-location capability to identify and track the journey and location of merchandise, associates and shoppers in real time, retailers can achieve optimal stock levels, increase sales, improve the shopper experience and enhance loss prevention capabilities.
- DS8100 Barcode Scanner – A high-performance 2D handheld scanner offering superior scanning range, innovative productivity-enhancing tools and the ability to instantly capture the most problematic barcodes helps keep checkout lines moving.
- DS2200 Barcode Scanner – The cost-effective handheld imager is easy to deploy, use and manage and is ready to use right out of the box.
- ZXP Series 9 Card Printer – Zebra’s highest fidelity edge-to-edge retransfer card printer allows retailers to print personalized gift, membership and loyalty cards faster than any solution in the industry.
- TC51 – A touch mobile computer that provides enterprise-class ruggedness, power, connectivity and security in a sleek, intuitive Android-based design.
Overall, NRF 2017 was a great success and we look forward to what NRF 2018 has in store.